About Foran Brothers
Foran Brothers Contractors, Inc. is a family owned and operated building and remodeling company that has been providing building services in central Connecticut for three generations.
Building has been part of our family for over eighty years. Our grandfather, Nicholas Foran Sr., built many homes in East Hartford. He also built the original office building of the Davis and Bradford Lumber Co. (n/k/a Better Stones & Masonry Supply) located at 200 Tolland Street, East Hartford.
Nick’s son, Thomas, became a master electrician and, in 1956, established Goodwin Electric, quickly renamed to Foran Brothers Electric. An expert in the electrical field, Tom found he also had a love of carpentry. His love of work and the gleam in his eye as he set about to conquer the new day’s challenge were studied and imitated by his children. “Man is a builder by nature” and “get more out of the job than the money it pays” were two of his favorite expressions.
In 1978, we organized several different family operations (general carpentry, small additions, licensed electrical work (still known to some as Foran Bros. Electric) into a single general service company, Foran Brothers Contractors, thereafter incorporating in December of 1988.
Tony and Tom Jr. have been lucky enough to be blessed in following in the footsteps of their father. It has been their good fortune to awake each day to work they love. Tony, like his father, is a master electrician and Tom is a full-fledged carpenter. We have managed to employ workers and sub-contractors that we know and trust.
Foran Brothers has two principals, Thomas R. Foran and Anthony F. Foran.